Akhil Bharatiya Shiksha Samagam and ULLAS Initiative
Recently the Indian Prime Minister has inaugurated the ‘All India Education Summit’ program. This two-day event has been organized on the third anniversary of the National Education Policy (NEP), 2020.
On this occasion, the Union Minister for Education and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has launched the mobile application of ULLAS: New India Literacy Program (or ULLAS App).
Key features of All India Education Conference:
- Under this scheme, the schools will modify the students in a way that they become engaged, productive, and contributing citizens for building an equitable, inclusive, and plural society as envisaged under the National Education Policy (NEP).
- The Prime Minister also released books on education and skill courses, which are translated into 12 Indian languages, to help students study in their mother tongue and enhance their learning.
ULLAS: New India Literacy Program
- The logo and slogan of Ullas : New India Literacy Program” symbolize the enthusiasm of the campaign and the light of knowledge spreading across the country.
- The ULLAS (Understanding Lifelong Learning for All in Society: ULLAS) mobile application is a significant milestone in harnessing the potential of technology to make foundational literacy widely accessible.
- This user-friendly app is available on both Android and IOS and will act as a digital gateway for learners to connect to various learning resources through DIKSHA portal of NCERT.
- ULLAS app can be used for self-registration or for registration of learners and volunteers by surveyors.
- ULLAS will focus on promoting several important life skills such as functional literacy, vocational skills and financial literacy, legal literacy, digital literacy and empowerment of citizens to engage in the task of nation building.
- It will also foster a culture of continuous learning and knowledge sharing in various communities across the country. ULLAS (Understanding Lifelong Learning for All in Society) initiative to revolutionize education and literacy across the country by bridging the gap between basic literacy and critical life skills and fostering a learning ecosystem accessible to everyone is ready.
- The program equips citizens aged 15 years and above with basic education, digital and financial literacy and important life skills who have lost the opportunity to attend school. It is being implemented through volunteerism.
- According to government data, more than 12 lakh students are out of school in the year 2022-23, of which boys are more than girls.
Source – PIB