75th years of Rubber Board
Recently, Rubber Board has completed 75 years of its establishment. Rubber Board is a statutory body constituted under the Rubber Act, 1947.
The headquarter of Rubber Board is in Kottayam (Kerala). It functions under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
Functions of Rubber Board:
- Development of rubber industry;
- Conducting scientific, technical and economic research,
- Welfare of workers employed in rubber plantations;
- To advise the Government on all matters relating to rubber etc.
- Kerala dominates rubber production in India. It is followed by Tripura.
Source – The Hindu