5th Annual Periodic Labor Force Survey (PLFS) Report – NSO
Recently the National Statistical Office (NSO) has released the 5th Annual Periodic Labor Force Survey (PLFS) report.
The report is based on the survey for the period July 2021 to June 2022.
Key Findings of the Report-
- All India Labour Force Participation Rate (LFPR) increased to 55.2% (Rural-57.5%, Urban-49.7%; Male-77.2%, Female-32.8%) from 54.9’0 in 2020-21.
- Worker Population Ratio (WPR) increased to 52.9% (Rural-55.6%, Urban-46.6%; Male-73.8%, Female-31.7%) from 52.6% in 2020-21.
- Unemployment Rate (UR) decreased to 4.1% (Rural-3.2%, Urban-6.3%; Male-4.4%, Female-3.3%) from 4.2% in 2020-21.
- PLFS categorises workforce into self-employed (which includes own account workers, employers and unpaid helpers in family enterprises); regular wage/salaried workers and casual labourers.
Definition of Key Indicators-
- LFPR: It is the percentage of persons in the labor force to the total population. It includes people employed or looking for work or people available to work.
- WPR: It is defined as the percentage of employed persons to the total population.
- UR: It is defined as the percentage of unemployed persons to the total persons in the labor force.
Source – PIB