11th Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav 2021
Prahlad Singh Patel, Minister of State for Culture and Tourism, inaugurated the 11th Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav on 14 February 2021 at Cooch Behar Palace, West Bengal.
- The 11th edition of the Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav is being organized from 14 to 28 February 2021 in Cooch Behar, Darjeeling and Murshidabad, West Bengal.
- Its 10th edition was held in Delhi, Bengaluru, Varanasi, Tawang, Karnataka, Gujarat, Tehri and Madhya Pradesh.
Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav:
- The Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav is organized to promote the spirit of Ek Bharat-Shreshtha Bharat.
- The Ministry of Culture, Government of India started the Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav’ in 2015. It is a major celebration of the Ministry of Culture.
- The festival, held since 2015, has been instrumental in taking India’s vibrant culture to the masses, rather than confining it to the halls and the palaces.
- It has been playing a central role in showcasing folk and tribal art, dance, music, food cuisine and culture of a state in other states, reinforcing the cherished goal of “Ek Bharat-Shreshtha Bharat” andit has also provided an effective platform for artists and artisans to support their livelihoods.
- Since November 2015 till date, ten editions of Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav have been conducted in various states and cities like Delhi, Varanasi, Bengaluru, Tawang, Gujarat, Karnataka, Tehri and Madhya Pradesh.
Source – PIB